Peb fort derives it’s name from immortal ‘Pebi’. it’s additionally popularly referred to as Vikatgad as a result of it’s uppermost pinnacle that resembles a form of Lord Ganapati. The fort lies in Matheran region of Raigad district. It additionally contains a temple of Hindu Samartha at the highest. It involves basic mountaineering, ridge walk, forest path, creating it an ideal get-away for nature lovers
The Peb fort trek starts from Neral (3.5 km) and it takes concerning two hours to succeed in the fort. the trail passes through water streams, rocks, sedgelike meadows, forests and a ladder at the top. The trek level is moderate to tough. guests will go down the Peb fort via Matheran route.
Quick Overview of Details :
Type: Trekking Sahyadris
No of days: 01
Region / Area: Raigad
Elevation Range: 2100ft
Trek time required: 2Hrs
Directions to reach :Vikatgad or Peb Fort From Neral station :
• get down at Neral Railway Station (Central Railway Route)
• Go to pass ticket booking center and take right.
• Walk towards Matheran Taxi stand keep moving till main road
• After coming to main road left goes to Matheran
• Cross the road and keep walking straight.
• You can see some under construction houses as landmarks on the way.
• Walk towards the large electric towers, on the way near 2nd electric tower we see a big waterfall.
• Trek path starts from Base Village Anandwadi – Fanaswadi
• You can hire a guide from village it takes 3 hours to complete this trek
• Please carry water and food along with you
• From Matheran Panorama point a way to Peb is available you can reach the cave within 6 hours carving of eagle is seen at the base of cave.
You can hire taxi returning from Matheran once you finish the trek they charge around Rs 50 per head
Peb Fort Stay:
A small cavern is available which can accommodate 10 people max