Harishchandragad, a hill fort within the Ahmednagar district of geographical region, is one in all the foremost difficult treks within the Western Ghats. settled within the Malshej region of the ghats, it’s at a distance of roughly 90 km from Kalyan.
There ar three well-liked ways that to induce to the fort. One via Khireshwar Village, via Nalichi Vaat [difficult] and therefore the best one via Pachnai Village.
The Khireshwar village route is that the one that almost all folks like because it offers a great deal of scenic beauty whereas trekking. however this route is additionally time overwhelming.
How to Reach Harishchandragad by Train
The nearest railroad station to Harishchandragad fort is Igatpuri railway terminal at a distance of 41 kilometre off from Harishchandragad Fort. but to arrive here, you would like to require a train from Kalyan (Mumbai). Trains from across the country for this hill fort connect at Kalyan, such as, Howrah, Nagpur, Allahabad, and chennai.
Quick Detailed Information :
- Distance from Pune: 170 Km
- Distance from Mumbai: 210 km
- The base of the trek: Paachani (North) and Khireshwar (South)
- Best time to trek: Winter (September to March)
- Height: 4700 feet.
- Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
- Time to trek: 5-6 hours
Difficulty Level and Other useful tips:
- Difficulty level is Moderate.On a scale of 1 to 10, We’d say 8 with 1 being very easy.
- Height above sea level: 4710 feet.
- It takes near about 6 hours to reach to the top of Harischandra fort where you will find the Harishchandrareshwar temple. There square measure several rocky patches and steep climbs enroute. Carry enough water, the water tanks on the fort don’t supply potable water except monsoons.Take enough care through the forest and rocky climbs.
Attractions nearer to Harishchandra Fort :
- Kokankada peak
- Rajachi Gumpha cave
- kedareshwar cave
- Harishchandreshwar temple